Tonight I made a dinner that yielded rave reviews from my husband. Mmmm, home cooking! This recipe is great over mashed potatoes.
Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 lbs round steak
3-4 Tbs flour
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup sliced onions
4 peeled sliced carrots
14-1/2 oz canned chopped tomatoes
1/2 Tbs brown sugar
1-1/2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1. Combine flour, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
2. Cut steak into serving size pieces. Dredge in flour and brown on both sides in hot oil.
3. Add licked onions and carrots, stir in hot oil briefly. Ass meat and vegetables to the slow cooker.
4. Combine tomatoes, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce, pour into slow cooker.
5. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours, or on high 3-5 hours.
I added a cup of frozen peas shortly before serving just to give the dish a little more color. My mother was a 4-H cooking judge, and always looked for a pleasing color and presentation. If the dish met her high expectations, she would declare, “This gets a blue ribbon”. I think she would have awarded me a blue for this dish.